Barton Charter Yacht Regatta
5-12th October 2024
Hire one our yachts and join our annual Charter Fleet Regatta for a week of Racing fun.
The Barton Charter Yacht Regatta has been running for over 40 years and is an eagerly anticipated event amongst Norfolk sailors. Our Eastwood Whelpton yachts are available to hire for racing.
per person, plus yacht hire
- Full 4 day programme of mixed fleet racing on a classic yacht.
- Beautiful Barton Broad with use of The Norfolk Punt Club Pontoon as our base.
- Friendly non-threatening way to get into racing.
- Home made cake and Bacon Butties to keep energy levels up.
- No previous racing experience required.
- Participants do require a reasonable level of sailing ability, with confidence to handle a yacht in company with others.
- Crews must hire a yacht from one of the ‘Broads Sailing’ Charter Companies.
- Welcome briefing with introduction to Racing Rules on first evening.
- Evening programme at the Sutton Staithe Hotel of meals and events including live music & ‘Barton’s Got Talent’.
- Snacks available from the ‘Tea Hut’ on the Pontoon.
- Presentation Evening Dinner with many trophies to be won!
The Hire Fleets are separated out into fleets, handicaps allocated, and the racing is exciting and highly competitive, whilst also being great fun. We warmly welcome newcomers’ crews and aim to help you quickly ‘learn the ropes’ for the regatta and give you some ‘top tips for racing’ here at the yard before you leave for Barton, to get the best out of your Eastwood Whelpton yacht.
We usually have around 20 yachts on the water and base ourselves on Barton Broad for racing during the day. Customers moor up each evening either at the Sutton Staithe, Barton Turf, Neatished or Gay Staithe – depending on evening activities running. The sailing is fabulous and this is an experience not to be missed!
Evening meals for 3 evenings are included in our Regatta hospitality package and on the final evening we usually find ourselves a local hostelry for some sea shanties and local beer!
You May Also Like
“From the moment you arrive you are welcomed with open arms. The yachts are well looked after and the handover is second to none.” “Eastwood Whelpton is for all, from a complete novice to an experienced sailor they have everything you could need.”
“So if you are looking for a boating holiday or training you will not go wrong booking it with Eastwood Whelpton. “
Nick and Andrea
Tripadvisor, September 2023
“As a group of 10 sailors from a Hertfordshire sailing club, we have just spent our fourth annual Broads holiday weekend with Eastwood Whelpton boats. As usual we had lots of fun with the three gaffers we hired, including a friendly race on Barton Broad on the Monday morning. EW, as ever, were helpful; the boats ready for us on the Saturday, clean and in good condition, and the staff stayed to see us back on Monday evening.”
Tripadvisor, July 2023
“We travelled 18,000 kms for another holiday with Eastwood-Whelpton straight off the plane from New Zealand.”
“Huge thanks to Annie and Andy and the EW team for the boat prep., dealing with our food order, and pick ups and drop offs at the station. I can’t recommend EW highly enough, and we’ll be back for another holiday just as soon as the opportunity presents.”
Tripadvisor, April 2023
“A big thank you to all the staff. We enjoyed a day trip on the Moorhen for our mums special birthday. The staff were helpful from the booking process to the actual day. They could not do enough to make sure we had a fantastic day. They catered for mum’s dietary needs with afternoon tea as well as having an amazing skipper on the day to make the trip very memorable.”
Tripadvisor, June 2023