Eastwood Whelpton is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask You to provide certain information by which You can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Eastwood Whelpton may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st November 2011, and the last changes made were on 8th December 2015.
- Eastwood Whelpton; The Company; We; Us – refer to “Eastwood Whelpton Limited” along with all persons responsible for maintaining the website and its content.
- You; The Customer – refer to you, the person or group using The Website and/or Our Services
- Our Services – all services provided by Eastwood Whelpton, including but not limited to yacht rental, private mooring and sailing training courses.
- The Website – our website as maintained by Eastwood Whelpton; viewable from www.eastwood-whelpton.co.uk.
- Referer – a website that makes a hypertext link to The Website
- Internet Browser – the software used to view The Website
- Operating System – the operating software running on a computer or phone, such as Windows 10 or Ubuntu 15.04
- Device – the type of device used to view The Website, such as an iPhone, iPad or Laptop computer
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- The IP address of your computer at the time of browsing (anonymised to protect your privacy)
- The country of which the site is being viewed from (estimated from the gathered IP address)
- The details of the Internet Browser, Operating System and Device used to view The Website
- The Referer You used to reach our website
- Contact information including email address and phone number, if you choose to provide any
- Queries about Our Services
- Booking/Hire details
- Credit/Debit card details
- Information from any customer surveys
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide You with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Identifying how You reach The Website for the first time
- Localised website features such as language and currency
- Replying to queries about Our Services
- Online booking
- Auditing the effectiveness of our advertising
- Improving our website’s appearance across all Devices and Internet Browsers
From time to time, we may also contact our customers for market research purposes. We may contact You by email, phone, fax or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How We collect Credit/Debit card details
Should you choose to complete your booking online, You may enter Your credit or debit card information to submit payment. Our booking system is provided by Our partner, Holray Systems Limited, and the secure payment system is provided by SagePay, a trusted e-commerce solution.
All booking details including card details are entered on secure pages that use internationally recognised encryption standards and are all but impossible to eavesdrop over the Internet. Look for the green lock symbol by the wesite address that signifies You are using a secure HTTPS connection.
While Eastwood Whelpton does not store Your payment card information, Your Internet Browser may if your settings allow it to. Any information stored by Your Internet Browser is not secured by Eastwood Whelpton or Our partners.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable You to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that We do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease Your personal information to third parties unless We have Your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about You under the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) at no charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please send us an email with the subject “GDPR Information Request”, or write to:
Eastwood Whelpton Limited
Upton Yacht Station
If you believe that any information We are holding on You is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.