6th to the 13th August 2022
Join like-minded sailors and explore the Norfolk Broads in good company.
Our Annual Summer Southern Rivers Flotilla is a week of fabulous sailing, friendly company and big Norfolk skies – perfect for couples, families and household groups.
With the support of our Skipper and Crew, enjoy some of the more hidden areas on the Southern Rivers with a pre-planned itinerary and moorings for each evening.
You can sail with your group during the day and enjoy socialising with others when we moor up together in the evening. The package includes relaxed evening entertainment, such as BBQs on the beach and treasure hunts for the children.
flotilla fee £200
plus yacht hire
- Fully planned and led UK flotilla experience on the Southern Broads
- Experienced Flotilla Skipper and Crew on hand to provide support and local knowledge
- Cruise on some of the quieter Southern Rivers and Broads
- Great company and relaxed sailing together
- Perfect for family groups, couples or households.
- Some previous experience of sailing and mast lowering – there are a few bridges!
- All ages welcome. We tailor our week to the crews’ needs, taking time to plan the best places and activities on the water to keep everyone engaged, relaxed and have a very happy holiday.
- You can choose to be as involved as you wish during the week – if you want a quiet evening for a stroll and a pub meal with your own crew – that is fine with us. It is your holiday and we will be there to support when you need us.
- Itinerary & Moorings planned in advance, taking account of tides, safe passage through Great Yarmouth, & Breydon Water
- Lifejackets, full safety briefing and yacht handover on arrival
- Daily flotilla briefing from our Flotilla Skipper – detailing suggestions of places to moor for lunch etc and local sites and visitor attractions
- Welcome drinks party and evening social programme (all optional).
We are planning now for our Summer Flotilla 2022
In 2022 we are planning to head south towards, Oulton, Beccles and Geldeston. There are plenty of places to visit along the way and some great stretches of river to enjoy sailing in.
The Southern rivers and broads are full of life, they are often wider stretches of water with some stronger tidal currents and generally a greater tidal range. Also there are some very peaceful and quiet spots to moor and escape.
You May Also Like
“We had a fantastic trip aboard Windjammer. The staff at Eastwood Whelpton were very helpful and the boat was clean and tidy on arrival. All social distancing was maintained as we did the introduction before setting sail.”
“Best way to unwind… in the wind! After the fun and excitement of arriving and setting sail, you can feel life’s pressures falling away. Eastwood Whelpton is a lovely family owned boatyard on the beautiful Norfolk Broads. A short stay gives you just enough time to sail up to Hickling and Horsey, two lovely sailing destinations, where you can experience life at a pace it is meant to be. Cannot wait until we go again!”
Caroline & Jeremy Naylor
“So good we went twice summer 2020! Lovely friendly yard, great service, boats well kept and in good condition. Ropes replaced when getting worn, which is so important for enjoying sailing. Goodie bag and pint of milk in the fridge on arrival – they really take care of you.”
Pippa & Stewart Yuill
“Wonderful family sailing on the Broads. Eastwood Whelpton are an extremely friendly and professional team and this year also offering a very Covid-aware service, along with their traditional warm welcome. Just boarding begins to replenish the soul and a week aboard is life enhancing.”
Jon & Alison Waltho – Summer 2020