Sustainable, Ethical and Value for Money?
Value for money has never been more important when choosing a holiday. However, more and more, we are noticing that our customers want to spend their pennies wisely, with sustainability and consideration of the local environment in mind.
Eastwood Whelpton is based at the heart of the Norfolk Broads National Park. This is one of our unique selling points. So, it is also our responsibility to respect this environment and keep it thriving for future generations.
As a small business that, like many others, is facing financial challenges in the current climate, it is a constant balancing act. We know we can do more, and we don’t claim to always get things right. We do, however, place environmental ethics at the heart of our growth strategy for the future.
Here are 5 reasons why we believe a sailing holiday with us is worth considering if you are conscious of your environmental footprint:
- Getting the wind in your sails! Being reliant on the weather to power your journey means minimal impact on the environment. You will quickly get to know the local microclimate well and soon realise that afternoon sea breeze is your friend!
- Supporting heritage boat building. Eastwood Whelpton is one of a handful of traditional boatyards left on the Norfolk Broads that remains a working yard, with a fleet of vintage yachts.
- Our passion for supporting other local businesses. We try our hardest to source products and supplies locally where this is possible. We are proud that our catering is supplied by Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden and our food hampers are from the White Horse local community shop.
- Our commitment to supporting charities we believe in. The whole team at Eastwood Whelpton is invested in the charities we support. Community coffee mornings run monthly to raise funds and the team has just completed the Macmillan Might Hike raising nearly £2000!
- You can leave your car at home! We offer a shuttle service from our local train station making it possible to have an entirely car-free holiday. Have an electric car? Then we will happily charge it for you whilst you are on the water.
What do you value most when it comes to downtime and ethical responsibility?